Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Fantastic Thanksgiving

We've been in Florida for the last 10 days, enjoying beautiful weather, conversation, and especially yummy food. My in-laws live in Florida, so at any time of the year I desire, I get a Florida Beach vacation. It's grand. This week we made a trip to the beach, that's right, the middle of November and we were at the beach! My oldest two kids were in heaven...
I live on the east coast, I am not from the east coast. I'm a good 'ole desert rat, that's right, I'm from Arizona. my family is all out there (except for a brother and his wife who just moved out here). I miss them terribly during the holidays. I miss them all year, but especially during the holidays. It's hard for me to be so far away.
I have not been in Arizona for Thanksgiving in 4 years and Christmas in almost 5 years. It's hard knowing all of my siblings and parents are enjoying the holiday's without me.
My mom makes yummy homemade pies and rolls that are so light and fluffy. My sister has a toddler who is so cute it's almost sinful. I have another nephew and a niece who are super smart and would make excellent baby sitters. But even though I miss my own family, I am here in Florida with the next best thing to my parents--my husband's parents.
I have grown to love these two people over the 8 years we've been married. They love and treat me like a daughter. They spoil my kids and love their son, my husband. They make being away from my family bearable, even enjoyable. I never mind coming down and being with them.
So on this Thanksgiving, this Mormon Mommy, is happy to be with her in-laws. I am thankful to be married to such a wonderful man. I am thankful for such great kids who love their mom and dad no matter what. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus, who died on the cross so I could live again. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who loved us enough to let his only begotten Son die for the sins of the world.
I hope each of you are having an amazing Thanksgiving and take the time to remember what you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...