Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Banana Bread


Banana's never get thrown away in my house. When they start to look like these they either get put in the fridge or they get smashed into banana bread. I love banana bread, plus is an easy way to get yummy, healthy food into my kids bellies!!

Banana Bread

2 1/2 c. flour (I use 1 1/2 c wheat and 1 c. white)
1 c. sugar
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
3 t. oil
3/4 c milk
1 egg
1 c. mashed bananas
1 c. nuts

add all ingredients and mix together
bake at 350 in a loaf pan for 55-60 minutes

**I used skim milk and no nuts. I just use however many bananas I want, never measuring. I also put this batch into muffin tins and did the calculations; I made 16 muffins for 126 calories each!!

1 comment:

  1. sweet! Thanks for sharing. I LOOOOVE banana bread--and can't wait to try this recipe out--still on the hunt for the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...