Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Arizona--We're here!!

Oswald and me, just a few weeks ago...

The airplane ride to Arizona was pretty uneventful, except for the fact that I managed to bring up the subject of the ring to Oswald and he denied having it. He asked me why I thought he would bring a ring all the way to Arizona seeing how he didn't even know my parents and he wanted to meet them first to be sure of everything. 

So I believed him. 

I thought he didn't bring the ring and that this would just be a fun long weekend where we could be together and he could meet my family. 

We landed at the Sky Harbor International Airport and got our bags and begin looking for my mom. She's so excited whens he see us that she hugs me and Kevin (instantly loving him). We pile in the Suburban and make our way to my Grandmother's house. My mom honks the horn and my dad and younger brother and sister come out. 

"Oh, so you're the guy who's gonna take my daughter off my hands, huh?" is the first thing my dad says to Oswald. 

"Yes, sir." was Oswald's response. So polite. So southern.

We grabbed our bags out of the car and went in the house. We were busy that first day we got to town. We spent the afternoon watching a Diamondbacks game. Then we went out to yummy Mexican food, and went to the Arizona Temple to watch the Easter pageant. 

That night, we crashed. I slept on the same bed as my sister in another room from Oswald. He slept on the floor in my Grandmother's great room, nice way to treat a guest, right?

But in the morning, we were awake before everyone else. Arizona is three hours different than Florida this time of year, so we were awake a couple of hours early. We sat snuggling each other on the couch, when all of a sudden, Oswald gets up and walks over to his backpack.

I thought that was so strange because we were in the middle of a conversation.

He stood digging through his backpack for a few seconds when he threw an orange paper at me. It was rolled up like a scroll, so I unrolled it and looked inside. 

Inside was a handwritten note. 

Beautiful,
In my brainstorming, I was constantly reminded of the things that we have done together and will continue to do together. So I decided to make a random list of things that I remembered. It all started on a road trip to O-town. And then stalling around town looking at Christmas lights. You were "just sittin in the car not touchin nothin" and neither was I for that matter. You trying sushi for the first time. The walks on the river and bridge have been memorable as well, especially when the "leg popped" for the first time. I have enjoyed "crossing the border" many times and also dipping fries in Frosties. Eating yuckie Mexican food and then following it with a delicious fried ice cream. The many wonderful conversations with you on the phone. Spooning on the couch watching a chick-flick. I love to have you in your favorite spot and I especially love to be forehead to forehead, nose to nose, looking at the sparkle in your eyes. The wonderful moment when the pass was thrown and "the receiver" was there to catch it. The trying times when your patience and perseverence shown through that is when I knew that I love everything about you. now is the time for the long bomb. Everyone is in position, so here it goes. I love you so much it hurts and nothing would make me happier than to have you forever.
Entonces,
When I finished reading that beautiful and funny note filled with only things Oswald and I would fully understand, I looked up and he was at my knees kneeling down with a ring box in his hand.

"Jennie, I love you."

"I love you, too."

I made him forget the rest of what he was going to say. He was not expecting me to respond until he was finished. So he looked at me and said, "I want you to be my wife, will you marry me?"

"YES!" We hugged and kissed. It was the best moment of my life!

My mom was the next one up. She was so excited to hear we were getting married. She gave us both big hugs.

My dad, on the other hand, was a little skeptical. I had been engaged once before, and he didn't want to see me get hurt. 

He called me back to the room he had slept in and said, "Are you sure this is the right thing?"

"Dad, I know he's right for me. I am so happy."

"Well, if you're happy, then I'm happy." was his response.

He came out to the living room and gave Oswald a big hug and said, "Welcome to the family."

It couldn't have been any more perfect.

Coming up...how we went from engaged to married in just 2 months...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...