Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crashed

A week ago, my computer crashed. It seemed like it happened out of the blue.

One minute I was using it to make some homemade nutri-grain bars and the next minute, crash. The next thing I new I could not access my desktop, my hard drive or anything. I nervously put something on Facebook and immediately had a comment, "You want some tech support?"

I jumped at that response and a friend and her hubby rushed to my aide. He came over and sat right down. While his wife, my friend, and I chatted the night away, he worked feverishly to get my computer up and running again.

He was successful to an extent. He recovered about half of my pictures, but the other half are still missing. They're out in cyberspace somewhere. The pictures from August of last year until just about now...from the time my little man was born until just about now. I'm pretty bummed about it, but since I had just recently developed several pictures, I know they are still on-line with Shutterfly.

This kind of stuff seems to happen to me all the time. I tend to drop my phone in the water or let it take a bath in the stroller. I have soaked my phone in a cup of Diet Dr. Pepper before, too. Luckily, I have been able to resurrect them all with a little rice. The computer, there is not a bag of rice big enough to resurrect it.

I am very thankful for my friend, for working on my computer. I wish I could find all of my pictures, but I am going to take this as a sign to back up all of my stuff. I had a nagging voice in the back of my head saying, "back your stuff up, Jennie." I always just took it for granted and said, "it's too much work to put all of my pictures on discs." Now I wish I would have listened to that nagging voice.

Consider this your warning: back your pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...