Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Running

I really need to get Oswald to take a picture of me before and after I run. I'm a hot mess when I am finished with my 30 minute workout.

I have run for the last 3 days in a row...Monday I did my Yoga Meltdown DVD by Jillian Michaels. I love that DVD and it works well when Oswald is not home to watch the kids while I take a few minutes to exercise.

Tuesday I ran. I started by walking around my neighborhood and then I ran around my block twice. Without stopping. My block is not all that big, but I have never been a runner so this is quite a feat for me.

Wednesday I ran. Pretty much the same as Tuesday.

Today I ran. Ditto as Tuesday and Wednesday.

One thing I have noticed is that I have a whole bunch more energy. I don't require a nap each afternoon anymore. This could be contributed to running, or it could be the fact that my Love Bug is starting to sleep more each night. Last night it was from 9:30pm-5:45am!! This I can do!

I do like to think that it has everything to do with the fact that I am running. I get some time for myself to think. I put my phone on Pandora and take off. I hope to be able to get a run in tomorrow morning before we take off on our Saturday craziness.

I hope that next week I will be able to run around my block 2.5 or if I'm lucky 3 times without stopping, each day that I am able to run.

I have started looking at some of the 5K runs that are going on in my area. I'm getting more excited to do it and have a goal in sight. 

On a side note, I have been watching what I eat and trying to exercise. I can totally tell when I have not eaten enough to sustain myself and my Love Bug. I get really irritable and I start to shake. I have never really felt or gotten hunger pains when I'm hungry, but headaches, shakes and irritability are all signs I am not eating enough.

So if any of you know how to lose weight and still nurse, I'm open to all of you ideas/suggestions. I am trying to watch my serving size and also make healthier options. My health and the health of my Love Bug are far more important to me than my waste line right now. Before I know it, she'll be done nursing and I will be able to be more strict with my number of calories and things. I just don't know how many calories I burn doing my workouts and how many calories she's taking from me, so that is where things get a little blurry for me.

Anyway, tonight we're trying a new homemade ice cream recipe. Pina Colada. It has coconut milk, agave sugar, pineapple and then almond milk. It's completely dairy free for this mommy who can't have it because of stomach issues and also because of a baby who spits when her mom drinks it. Here's hoping it tastes good!!

1 comment:

  1. Try Weight Watchers (we aren't paying for it because its expensive. We got a slider and the book from GoodLookings mom). They have a special amount of points for BFers. We starting a week ago and already I see results.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...