Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On being sick...

We've been sick around here. It started with my Princess and has worked it's way through My Buddy and on to my little Man and me. Such a bummer, but I'm proud to say that Oswald has managed to avoid the sickies and I hope it continues.

We had a good Christmas over here. Full of food, fun, friends, family and of course presents. My big kids got bikes while my little man got a bumbo He's enjoying it pretty much, but the fact that he doesn't really feel well is effecting his moods. He wants to be held all the time and nurse all the time.

I took some medicine to help with my symptoms and I think it has effected my milk production. I have never been one to nurse (more on that later) I do it because it's good for my kids, not because I like it. And this time I am enjoying the time with my son. So it's very hard to realize that I am not making enough milk for him. Good thing I pumped a lot of milk when he first started sleeping through the night and would wake up completely engorged.

We have stuffy/runny noses and sneezing/coughing just your common cold, but I don't want what we think is the common cold to turn into RSV or something worse. Yesterday I spent a good part of the day washing laundry (including all the sheets), using Lysol wipes and Lysol spray on the door knobs, light switches, kitchen door knobs, the refrigerator handles, the couches, pillows and my bed. When I say, I don't want this to continue traveling through our house, I REALLY mean it!

I'm excited for the new year. Lots of cool things are going to happen. Mostly I'm excited to start exercising again and and getting rid of this baby fat! I hate having a muffin top and a huge belly. Not really my idea of sexy.

On a side note: I got a piano keyboard for Christmas (a real piano would be hard to get in my second floor apartment)! And I'm super excited to practice and get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...