Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Monday, January 10, 2011

What did they just say?

My little "Elves" after they helped wrap gifts for Oswald and my little man!

Each day in my home brings new and sometimes, completely RANDOM things! I love to write down some of the things my kids say, it helps me remember what they were like and what was going on in our lives when they were acting so darn cute!

My Buddy:
A couple of nights before Christmas, we geared up to look at Christmas lights. We popped popcorn and made hot chocolate for the kids. (This is a tradition of ours that we look forward to each year) We got into the car and before it even got started, my Buddy said in the most dreamy voice, "this is the best day ever." Just melted my heart!

My Buddy is not fond of broccoli, but I feel it's important that he tries all the veggies multiple times before he's allowed to completely dismiss them. On this particular night, I had made broccoli. He looked at me as I was putting the leftovers away and said, "Is all that broccoli done?"
I replied, "Yes."
He looks at me and while wiping his forehead says, "Whew, just wanted to make sure we didn't save any of that stuff."


He's pretty sassy some times and today was no exception. He looked at his sister and me and said, "I'm the rule maker. Rule #1, eat breakfast, then lunch, then have a party for dinner." My kind of rules!



My Princess:
She has been playing by herself a lot lately and using her imagination. I caught her playing make believe these are a few things she has said.
"And then the prince came to kiss me" (really? already talking about kissing? I thought I had a few years!)

"My brother doesn't want to play Princess with me" (do you blame him?)

"I can't wait to live in a castle. I can't wait to live in a castle. I can't wait to kiss Prince Charming!"

She came up to me the other day with her toy stethoscope and said, "Mommy, I wanna talk to your heart." So I put the stethoscope on my chest. She didn't like that and moved it and said, "No Mommy, your heart is in your stomach."

She was giving me a kiss today and pulled back, looked at me very seriously and said, "I am not a Prince and you are not a Princess?"
I said, "I'm not?"
"No, you have to live in a castle and dress like a pretty pretty princess and have a Prince Charming."

Sometimes I have to "help" my Princess eat all of her dinner. Tonight I was sitting really still, you know when you're looking off into space not really thinking about anything in particular? That's what I was doing when she says, "Mom, don't get frozen."


She also loves to look at me when I'm being slightly serious and say to me, "Mommy, make a smile!"
Maybe she needs to be reminded to "make a smile?"

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...