Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh the sneakiness...

Oswald and our dog, Polo, at our apartment in Utah

Little did I know, but the night Oswald went to talk to a guy about being an umpire, he was actually picking out my ring.

While I was cleaning up from dinner in complete oblivion to what he was doing, Oswald was being super secretive. He grew up with this girl whose dad was a jeweler. Oswald and his dad had made arrangements with Curtis to look at rings that Sunday evening.

Curtis opened the door to his home and lead Oswald and his dad back to the living room, “So you’ve found the girl you want to marry?”

“Yes, Sir,” said Oswald as he confidently pulled out his chair to sit down. He was not nervous about the next step in his life. He knew I was the one and he was ready to move forward.

Curtis pulled out several different types of rings.  He laid them in a row from left to right inside of a ring display box. Oswald instantly saw the ring he wanted to give to me. 

“That’s it, that’s the ring.” He said pointing to a beautiful round cut diamond ring with a band on top and on bottom. “Only you need to switch out this center stone, with this one.”

Curtis looked up at Oswald. “You’re pretty confident aren’t you?”

“I know what ring she wants. She’s going to love this ring. How much is it?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to look at any more?”

“Nope. That’s the one.” Oswald picked it up and moved it around in his hand. He didn’t need to look any further; he knew the ring he would present to me when he proposed. All that was left was actually popping the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...