Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Our First Valentine's Day...


I was curled up in my bed, all nice and warm; when all of a sudden, I am awoken by someone kissing me. 
Believe me it was nice, but I was quite scared. My heart started racing. I thought for sure I was about to become a victim from an episode of Law & Order: SVU. 

Before I could open my eyes to see who was kissing me, I smelled French toast. 

“Why does my house smell like French toast?” I thought to myself. 

When I finally opened my eyes, I was greeted by a smiling Oswald. He had gotten the key to my apartment somehow, snuck inside before I was even awake, and had made me breakfast.

After I had gone to the bathroom and tried to freshen up without taking an entire shower, I walked into the kitchen amazed at what he had done for me, and asked, “How did you get a key to my apartment?”

“Oh, our friend gave it to me,” was his nonchalant response.

“Well, how did he get it?”

“I don’t know. You must have given it to him.”

And then I remembered. The Christmas Oswald and I started dating; I spent Christmas morning with some friends from church. They had planned this scavenger hunt for me to find my “big” present. I searched all over their house only to find out the gift was already in my apartment, set up, ready to go.

One of my friends had gotten the key off my key ring, made a copy of it, and gotten inside my apartment. Upon hearing what Oswald wanted to do for me for Valentine’s Day, he jumped at the chance to give the key to Oswald.

It was such a nice surprise. Not only did I have some seriously yummy French toast, but he had bought me purple carnations and salmon colored roses. He had gone out of his way to surprise me and make this Valentine’s Day one to remember.

To be honest, I don’t even know what I did for him that day. It’s sure it paled in comparison. Oswald can be quite romantic when he wants.

What was your most romantic Valentine’s Day? Has anyone ever snuck into your house to make you your favorite breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. SO SWEET!!! Nobody has ever snuck in my house--lol--but that is completely romantic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...