Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Registered

 My Little Man on his first day of "Joy School" two years ago!

I have known the day to register my first born for Kindergarten would come and come quickly. I just didn't realize the emotions I would have.

I had been following the news on a possible charter school, but had not found anything saying the school was taking applications. One morning my friend called me and told me that they were now accepting applications on-line until April 15.

I immediately "Googled" the name of the school, searching for the registration information. When I finally found it, I plugged in all of the necessary information.

My name, phone number, address, relation to the student.

I plugged in all of his information. His name, age, sex, grade in school, ect.

I clicked "send" and I was done. It was that easy.

A few minutes later, it dawned on me what I had just done. "I have just registered him for school. Oh. My. Goodness!" Is what ran through my head.

In my rush to get him registered before the deadline, you know I only had a month left to register, I simply didn't think about what I was doing. I didn't think about the fact that in a few short months I will be sending my sweet Little Man out into the Big World. I didn't think that soon he'll be spending more time with someone else and not me. I didn't think that my life of "freedom" aka the opportunity to go and do whenever I want would be over in August.

But I did think about his education and how important to me it is that he has a good one. I did think about all of the things he will learn. I also thought about how much I love school and how I hope my kids love school too.

I'm just not ready for that first day, yet.

3 comments:

  1. Woa. That snuck up on me too! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wen Brayden stared school I was going to be a "big girl" about it, and I was. I didn't shed a single tear when he went that first morning, but when I went to pick him up and saw him walking out of the school with a huge smile I bawled like a baby. It wasn't until then that it hit me that my baby was a big boy. You and Isaac will both do great!! It's a bittersweet time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is soooo hard! :) I totally know what you mean. And now I have to send my SECOND little one to kindergarten! waaaaaah! Where has time gone?!!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...