Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I KNOW He Lives!

 Oswald and my Buddy our first Easter in North Carolina, 2007

I truly hope everyone is enjoying their Easter holiday.

I want to share what I know to be true. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, came to this earth as a baby. That he grew up teaching the learned and the unlearned. That he befriended the friendless. That he healed the sick. That he was tempted of the devil and passed that test.

I also know that he went to the Garden of Gethsemane and suffered, truly suffered, for my sins. Not only my sins, but YOUR sins as well. I know that he was betrayed by a friend and taken before Pilate. I know that he was beaten and scourged and had a crown of thorns placed on his head. I know that he walked with his cross on his back to Calvary where he was nailed to it. I know that he hung there, and I know that when he could have stopped himself from this immense amount of pain, he didn't. He chose to die for us. He chose to suffer for us. He did this all because he LOVES us.

And I know that three days later, on what we celebrate as Easter Sunday, he rose from the ground. He was resurrected, so that we could be resurrected again. So that we could live with him and our Father in Heaven. I know that because of his Atonement, I can be with my husband and children for eternity.

I know that his sacrifice was the ultimate sacrifice anyone can pay and I am so thankful for that.

As you sit down to a delicious dinner and open your Easter baskets, please take a moment to teach your children the reason we have Easter. Teach them what we are celebrating. Teach them that because of Jesus Christ, we can LIVE AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...