Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I know I'm slow...

 November 2010

I know I'm slow posting about Mother's Day, but I have an excellent excuse!

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat, no biggie. I have dealt with this thousands of times before. By Saturday night my body ached. Like I thought someone was jabbing a knife into my back. Plus, my throat went from a small ache to feeling like I had shards of glass inside it.

That night, I had a hard time sleeping. I woke up several times freezing, then sweating, then freezing again! My body shook from the fever.

When the morning finally came around, I was completely exhausted. Oswald made me some french toast (my absolute favorite breakfast) and I cringed as I swallowed each and every bite.

I ended up taking a nap before 10am! Oswald and the kids bought me Guitar Hero for the Wii for Mother's Day. He wanted to get me a gift I wouldn't buy for myself. It was so nice to be thought of even when I felt so horrible.

I skipped church and rested the entire time. When Oswald and the big kids came home, I wasn't feeling any better. I had been taking Tylenol the whole day, so the aches were gone and I could swallow without much pain. But the fever and sweating continued off and on the whole night.

Monday morning Oswald was able to work from home, so I headed to the doctor. It takes 5 minutes for the instant strep test to come back...at 4 minutes she checked it and said, "Well, you have strep."

"Great." was my reply!

I have been on penicillin for 24 hours and I think I am no longer contagious, but I am not taking any chances. We've been washing/sanitizing our hands for days now. No sharing drinks over here and I am now in the process of washing load after load of laundry.

Tomorrow: my thoughts on Mother's day...just 3 days late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...