Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thanks, Mom!

My mom and me, June 2010, I'm 8 months pregnant
There are some very important people in our lives. Our husbands, our kids, our friends, our siblings, our in-laws, and even our co-workers. But in my life my mom is one of the most important people to me.

She can fix anything with words. She has been known to tell me that I'm being stupid and that I need to stop acting like an immature brat.

She slapped me in front of my best friend when I was a junior in High School.

We fought like cats and dogs all of my teenage years.

When we started getting along, her response was, "Guess who's changed, Jennie? And it's not me." Harsh, but true.

When I call and I'm having a hard time, she knows when to just say, "that sucks" and when to give advice. Somehow she has the uncanny ability to know exactly what I need to hear.

And when I'm sick, like this weekend, she can always make me feel better. She'll give me her diagnosis and tell me what medicine to take. She's just good like that.

So to my Mother, I want to say, thank you for leading, guiding and walking beside me all these years. You have been such an example to me. I only hope to be as good of a mom to my kids as you have been to me and my brothers and sister. You are one amazing person.
My mother and father-in-law December 2010
 
I not only have an amazing mom, but a wonderful mother-in-law. She is one who will do anything for you. She's just like that. If you need something, she will do whatever she can to help that happen.

She loves her children, children-in-law, and grandkids with all of her heart. There is nothing she loves more than her babies (except for her man). Through her example, she has shown me what it means to give freely of oneself.

She will give her kids the last bite of her chocolate cake. She will go without to make sure my kids are happy. She will be at the park pushing swings, cheering as kids go down the slide and endure Florida humidity just to see her grandbabies laugh.

She will also break her back at the beach pulling kids on the boogie boards.

She does all of these things because she loves her family and that is a huge example to me.

I guess I have big shoes to fill when it comes to being like these two awesome ladies. I hope you both had amazing Mother's Days and that you know how much we love and appreciate you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...