Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Cherry Coke Zero taught my Little Man Manners

Today started out like any other day. I woke up, got my buddy off to school, walked home from the bus and crawled back into bed, only to be rudely interrupted by needing to puke (that part was not normal). I rushed to the bathroom to take care of business while Oswald got me a banana to eat quickly. Once I had a bite of banana in me, the morning sickness/nausea was gone.

We got dressed and headed to do the grocery shopping. Lucky for me, Oswald was working from home and could accompany me to the store. We did out shopping and various errands all without incident. As we were driving home, my Princess says, "Dad, can we go to a restaurant for lunch?"

"It's up to mom." is his reply.

So, of course, we head to Firehouse Subs for a delicious lunch. If you have never had Firehouse, you need to find one and find one fast.

But, I digress...

Oswald orders and I sit down with the kids. I'm trying to keep my Buddy as happy as he can be when he's starving and forced to sit in a high chair. Yep, I'm one of those mom's who makes their toddler sit in a high chair, meanie!

Again, I digress...

Oswald brought me my drink of choice, a Cherry Coke Zero. Yep, caffeine. I had a headache and that's one of the things my Doctor prescribed for me to take in order to combat the terrors that are my headaches. It's that or a narcotic, so I think I'll stick with the caffeine.

Once again, I digress...

So my Little Man is DYING for some soda. He's flailing his arms and making the most awful noise with his mouth you can even imagine.

So being the mean mom that I am (see paragraph 6) I look at him and say, "Can you say 'please'?"

He looks at me with those big brown eyes, grins and says, "Meese". How could I refuse?

Thank you Cherry Coke Zero for teaching my Little Man manners!!


How have you taught your kids manners? Any ideas or suggestions for this Mormon Mommy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...