Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Delivery Story: My Princess

"On August 20, I started having contractions that were about 15 minutes apart. I went to the doctor to make sure everything was going smoothly and to make sure I didn't need to go to the hospital. I was checked out at 1-2cm. So I was sent home from the doctor's office.

 I had my regular appointment the next day and was checked again at 1-2cm, but the doctor could feel her head, so I was induced.

Thursday morning I called the hospital to see if they had a room ready. I had been up at 5:30am to call at 6am only to be told not to come in until 7am. So we went in at 7am, they started my pitocin at 8:15am, broke my water (which was clear) at 8:30am. My mom and sister-in-law got there at about 9am. I got my epidural at about 11am. Grandma and Grandpa S. stopped in for a visit around noon. They left at about 12:15pm and that's when the action started. For some reason, the epidural only numbed 1/2 of my body, so I could really feel the contractions at the end--they hurt so badly!

I was ready to push, so the nurse called the "on-call" doctor and we did a "practice push". Half way through the push, the nurse said to stop because I was too good and the baby was coming. They cancelled the "on-call" doctor and called one of the doctors who had been in surgery all morning. Dr. Patel had enough time to throw on his gown, mask and cloves and catch my Princess as she came out. I pushed through two contractions. A total of 6 pushes and she was here!

I had the best nurse ever. She was so upbeat about everything. She helped me push correctly and was an amazing cheerleader. Oswald cried again. He's such a good man. He said things happened to quickly he hardly had time to really think. He cut the umbilical cord like a good daddy. I got to hold my Princess right away which was neat. She was placed on my chest crying, I looked at her and said, "it's okay, Mommy's right here." She stayed in the delivery room with me for an hour.

They took my Princess to bathe her and warm her up before she was brought back to me. My Mom and my sister-in-law were with me the whole time.

When My Buddy saw his sister for the first time he instantly loved on her and kissed on her. He was a little afraid of me in the hospital bed. It was really sweet to see how he reacted to her. They're going to be good friends on day."

My Princess was born at 12:33pm in North Carolina. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20.5 inches long. 4 hours 15 minutes was all it took for her to arrive! She was perfect and dainty...just as a little Princess should be!

Up Next: the delivery story of my Little Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...