Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Am I finished?? (part one)


Last Tuesday in the middle of the night (read 4am), I got up to go to the bathroom. My underwear were a little wet. I thought, "I wonder if my water broke", but really thought nothing of it because I don't go into labor by myself. I thought maybe I had been sweating really badly, because let's be honest, that was more likely. I used the bathroom and went back to bed.

At 5am, Oswald's alarm went off for him to get up to head an hour away for work. I told him, while he was still a little delirious, that I thought my water had broken. I put on a different pair of underwear while he showered. He told me later that he thought I was (for lack of a better word) sleep talking and that my water hadn't broken.

10 minutes later I had been on the bed the whole time, he got dressed and my underwear were wet again. I told him, "I KNOW I didn't wet my pants!" But I was really chicken to call the doctor because I knew they would send me to the hospital and I did not want to be sent home, just in case I was mistaken about the whole water breaking thing!

I looked at Oswald and said, "How far is the store you're counting? What happens if I need you to come home? What will we do?"

"I'll be an hour away and...that's too far."

So I got in the shower and got some clothes on to see, once again, if my water had really broken. By the time I was done drying my hair, my pants were soaked again!

We called the doctor and we were told to come right to the hospital. I called my girlfriend and woke her up. We were discussing what to do with my kids while she was trying to wake up. 10 minutes later, she was at my house and we were on our way to the hospital.

I called my mom and Oswald called his mom to let them we were going to have a baby soon! My mom was woken up at 3am and was a little disoriented while I was super chipper.

I think we were all in a little disbelief that I was actually going to be having a baby on my own, without being induced.

Coming up...the birth story.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember feeling like that with Carson, too! It was crazy when my water broke.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...