Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

wow, that was rough...

I had good intentions today 

**my best friend in high school, her dad used to say all the time, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."**

Anyway, I had good intentions to get my sweat on, to take my kids to story time at the local library, and to go buy this postpartum body a new bathing suit (the one I have is making me feel like a giant strawberry!).

But before we could accomplish any of my good intentions, we were smack dab in the middle of a whine fest.

Then the kids wore flip flops to do something that requires tennis shoes. Then complained the entire time. I stopped my walk and went home, determined to still have a good day.

We're sitting at home after I have changed my clothes and the big kids decide to dump my Little Man off of my King Size bed, directly onto his head!

So they got sent to their rooms until lunch. It was 10:00am and luckily we eat at 11. But they were in their separate rooms for the full hour. (mean, I know!) I had to teach them a lesson that we can't do that to our little brother!

So lunch came and went and my attitude changed with the help of some calories, maybe my blood sugar was low and I slightly overreacted? I don't know.

I put my Little Man down for his nap and debated about crocheting or reading...then it hit me...we should clean the playroom. 


I know my kids have a lot of toys, and believe it or not, there are more toys in the garage not being used! 

So I walk into where they big kids are playing and say, "so how about I help you clean up this playroom, that way (Little Man) can't make a mess while we're cleaning!?!"

"Will you help us?" they innocently asked.

"Of course, let's go."

So for an entire hour, while the Little Man slept, we cleaned...and our hard work payed off!


We do this every couple of months...clean up and re-organize the toys. 

And guess what happens when the playroom is clean...

They play in it!!!!

Makes all of the hard work worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...