Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Best Youth Activity...EVER!!

I work with the girls at my church ages 12-18 and have been working with them for the past 2+ years. It has been a wonderful, stressful, hard, enjoyable, spiritual, exhausting, experience that I wouldn't trade for the world!

One week every month we have an activity combined with the boys during the week (not on Sunday) and the activity we had was hands down, the best one EVER!

We had a man who is a martial artist show us some self-defense moves. To be honest, I was a little skeptical, but now I totally want to take martial arts classes!

I know how to defend myself in a dark parking lot. I know how to break someone's wrist and put them in a stiff arm! I even showed Oswald how I can get his hand into a position that he won't like! Ha!


The most important things are:

1. Know where his 9 weapons are. (2 hands, 2 arms, 2 elbows, 2 knees, 2 feet, and his head)

2. Always be calm.

3. If someone tries to abduct you, scream! Do whatever you can to avoid getting in the car!

4. I need to teach this to my kids somehow without scaring them. But if a man is trying to pick them up and put them in the car, they should get down into a ball and scream. They need to even grab their abductors legs and scream as loud as they can!

5. If someone tries to bear hug you, their pinky is your best weapon...grab that sucker and pull it back and break it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...