Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

How does your garden grow?


As a child, we had a huge garden in our backyard. We planted all kinds of veggies: tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, spinach, ect. The garden was placed on the side of our backyard and was the bane of my existence. I hated to pull weeds.

Now, years later, I have fond memories of the beautiful plants that grew in my childhood backyard. And this year, even though I live in an apartment, I have a garden. Thanks to a friend we have a common garden. Granted she does most of the work, but it's both of our families garden.


We have tomatoes, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. Our plants are on the small side and some of the leaves are yellow, but that is not preventing them from blossoming.

We have plants that have more flowers on them than they have leaves. We have tomatoes that have green "balls" on them. And what's even more exciting, we have actually picked a tomato...and it was yummy!

I can't wait to have more veggies than our two families can eat! I can't wait to let my kids pick the veggies and teach them about how they got on those plants. I can't wait to bite into fresh grown veggies. They're always WAY better than store bought.

And what's best is that these little veggie plants have taught me a lesson: you don't have to be big and beautiful to make big and beautiful things (in this case veggies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...