Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Independence Day!



We're in sunny Florida enjoying the 4th of July in style with my in-laws. Oswald's sister from Nebraska and her two kids are in town, so the whole family, minus one, is together!

We've already had a blast here at the beach and the pool! We've played with cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.

We've eating yummy food and gotten sand in our teeth. We've cooked food for everyone and then before the food could be eaten, everyone left!

We've chatted until the wee hours of the morning...but that's what families do.

We've gotten new inside jokes and even some outside jokes...

Basically, we're having a blast!

But I do have to take a moment to thank all of those soldiers, men and women, who have risked their lives for our freedom. Those families who left the monarchy of Britain to come to this uncharted territory, so they could worship how, where or what they may. For those men who fought the revolutionary war, the civil war, the first world war, for Oswald's grandpa and my Grandpa Max who fought during WWII, for Oswald's dad who served for years as a Seabee, for my brother-in-law who right now is on a submarine somewhere in the ocean away from his wife. To you I say a huge thank you!

I am grateful for this beautiful land that I call home. I am blessed to be able to spend this day with family. I can't wait to see my kids faces when they watch the fireworks. It's gonna be awesome!

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...