Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

House Hunters--Georgia Style


Let it be said that looking for a house is hard work. We have some pretty specific criteria we need to meet.

1. In our price range. I have no desire to be house poor. I want to be able to buy things, take my kids to the doctor, decorate the house cute (since I never did that with the apartment) and just be able to have a little extra cash.

2. In our same ward. Usually I don't mind changing wards, but for some reason I want to stay in this ward. I feel like I have finally made some good friends and I also feel like I have my bearing about myself in this ward.

3. I want my Buddy to get a good education. There are lots of houses that are zoned for not-so-good schools and I don't want that. I want my son to get a good quality education and to love being in school.

4. We need at least 4 bedrooms. We could do a 3 bedroom if it had a loft or an office. Oswald works from home 70% of the time and he needs a space where he can be and not bother the entire family...or have the family bother him.

5. I want a fenced backyard. I want my kids to be able to go outside and play whenever they want or whenever I want. I don't want to have to watch them every second of the day and having a fenced backyard would be perfect.

Today a good friend and I drove around for about 3 hours looking at houses. We found a few. In the process, I got car sick, my Little Man got cranky, my Princess began to whine, and the other kids in the car got a little restless.

Now, we're about to get in the truck and drive again. This time with a Realtor who will be able to open doors for us. Hopefully we'll be able to find something...because there's less than two weeks until school starts!! Ack!

What are some things you won't give up when looking for a house?
--you saw my list...but my most important criteria is the # of bedrooms.

How long can you stand to listen to crying babies before you pull your hair out?
--my limit is 3 hours...I'm almost bald now! :)

What's your favorite food to eat when you're stressed out????
--I love chocolate! Any kind, doesn't really matter. Something about it makes me feel all nice inside. Dr. Pepper used to have the same effect, but when it's not caffeinated, it doesn't work as well.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys to get a house down there! Did you sell your old house in NC? If so, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...