Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random Thought...


I've seen this picture several times the last few days. Each time I scroll through my pictures to find the one I want, I see this one.

I love my hair in this picture. It's short. It's really short. And I remember when I took this picture, I thought to myself, "I would like my hair to be a little shorter." What? That's some pretty short hair.

When I was at girls camp, I sat in meetings and watched these teenage girls braid each other's long locks. I was a little envious of how long their hair is. But then I remember what I nick-named myself when I have long hair and no bangs: slick-back girl. Not a pretty picture.

My hair is getting there again. It's sad how fast my hair grows. Maybe it's just sad at the lack of desire I have to go get it cut again. I constantly contemplate growing my hair out. I have really straight, really thick hair. It would probably be pretty long by Christmas if I let it keep growing and just got trims every so often.

I don't know if I could handle it. I would probably have to get some swoopy bangs or something to go with it because I have a pretty high forehead. Long, straight hair just leads me to think back on the 70's and I am not down with that.

So I guess it's time to take the plunge...cut it or grow it out...that is the question.

How short is too short and when you're over 30, how long is to long?
--I would never shave my head bald...probably have to many divots or bumps to pull that one off. As for to long, I just don't want to look like I'm trying to be something I'm not.

What's your favorite feature?
--I like my feet. I am not a feet person, but my feet are nice. I have pretty toes and pretty toe nails that I keep nicely groomed. And if I ever have a problem with my feet, Oswald will just fix that for me! He's handy like that.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
--I wanted to be a doctor for the longest time. Then I realized how much math goes into the schooling, and I scratched that idea. Then I wanted to be the next Katie Couric, and Meridith Viera stole that from underneath me. Squashed my dreams, flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...