Welcome to my outlet! It's a little bit of everything: my kids, my life, cooking, working out, just about anything you can imagine! If you don't already follow me, please follow my blog and stay up to date on all the craziness that is my life!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

House Tour Part 1

I have a disclaimer to make before I post these pictures...
  1. I am not a professional designer, nor do I claim to be! I would, however, love to be one and understand design concepts. Or, I could always have David Bromstadt come design my house. I'd be totally ok with that!
  2. I don't have oodles and oodles of money to spend attempting to design rooms in my house. But if I did, I would probably rather pay to have the above mentioned, David, design my house. (if you don't know who he is, you're totally missing out!)
  3. The design of my house is what my family likes. Cozy and inviting. Real people live here. Little kids live here and my house reflects that, because let's face it, a lot of time there are dirty clothes on the floor and toys everywhere!
Alright, my disclaimer is over...now for what you've all been waiting for:

The only room, fully decorated, my Princesses room...


Her Beesha bought her these cute little letters and dots to put on her walls. She had so much fun spelling her name and sticking things on the door!


She couldn't not be in the picture. She is so excited to have her own room! The photographs on the wall, I took. The painting is another one Oswald's aunt did. The bed is Oswald's great grandpa's bed. I know the wrought iron makes it very masculine, but she loves it and I would be completely disowned if I ever got rid of it!


 The letters I got at Hobby Lobby or something before she was born. We seriously struggled with how we would spell her name. There were so many options. the butterflies were a gift from Beesha. Yes, that is a nightstand and no there is no dresser. We seriously hang up everything except panties, socks and jammies. No need for a big bulky dresser!


The painting on the left wall a friend did, they read, "He gave me my eyes that I might see, the color of butterfly wings." Her nursery theme was butterflies and it still fits to this day. (plus I ♥ those paintings!) The window shutter looking thing was a hand-me-down from a friend that didn't really use it, but couldn't see getting rid of it. And it fits her room perfectly!

If only I could get her to keep her room clean, it would be awesome. She told a visitor to our house today, "I have my own room. Sometimes it gets messy in there."

4 comments:

  1. Just another reason I want a girl! What a cute room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room is very cute!

    Having a decorator come decorate my house (for free) is on my short list of things I want badly! I am always re-arranging my house trying to look like houses I've been to that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You still like my paintings. Glad they still fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I say there is no need for a pro! The MOST important thing is that SHE loves it, which she clearly does! :) I love the paint color, by the way! :)

    p.s. we are SO opposite in our closet organization. We hang ONLY church clothes, because I would be constantly putting away everyone's things! How do you keep up with all the hanging? Am I missing a key concept to successful closet hanging??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...